Hello lovelies! I have some VERY exciting news… Troy and I have an official wedding date! We are getting married in OCTOBER 2019! Save the date because you are all invited to watch my wedding unfold via this blog!😉
There is LOTS to do before the big day. I hope you’ll keep reading and come along with me on the entire adventure!
Here are some of my wedding venue tips, important questions to ask, and a closer look into what I am doing for my own wedding:
Book Your Venue First
When it comes to wedding planning, I suggest booking your venue first! Venues fill up very quickly… in fact, most places tell you to book at least 2 years in advance. Lucky for me, Troy and I chose a wedding date that is a little under 2 years away.
Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One Basket
Make sure to look around! I browsed through A LOT of venues. I didn’t want to spend thousands of dollars if we were not doing a destination wedding… and Troy wanted our wedding close to home so that all of our family was able to make it. My style has also changed a lot over the years, as well… I always thought I wanted a rustic wedding. I realize now that my style is more elegant and fresh. It is okay to change your mind and come up with new ideas!
Ask a LOT of Questions
Troy and I scheduled a sit down meeting with our wedding venue to ask important questions and tour the facility. It was so crucial for me to actually visit the venue and meet the people who will be there on our big day. I brought a list of questions for myself, Troy, and the owner for our meeting.
Here are all of the questions that we went over:
- Do you have my date available?
- Will my wedding be the only one on my date?
- Can we hold a rehearsal the day before?
- What is the minimum and maximum number of guests the venue holds?
- What is included in the rental price?
- What is not included that we will need to provide ourselves?
- Can I use vendors of my choice?
- Do you have a list of recommended vendors?
- Do you set up and tear down the items that you provide?
- Can I see samples of items you provide?
- Will there be a day-of onsite coordinator?
- How many people on staff will be assisting us the day of the wedding?
- When can I begin set up on my wedding day?
- What is the rain plan?
- Are there any restrictions on the use of the space?
- Are there any noise restrictions?
- Are there any photography/videography restrictions?
- Do we need any kind of permits or insurance for the wedding?
- Is there a bridal room and groom suite?
- What time do guests have to leave the venue?
- When do we need the final headcount?
- Are there any other fees not included in the cost?
- When is the balance due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Do a Lot of Thinking
After our meeting/tour, they put our date on hold for a week and Troy and I had time to think. I spent that time imagining what we could do with the space, weighing the pros and cons, and finally deciding TO BOOK OUR VENUE!
The wedding is still 20 months out, but it feels a lot more real now that we have a date and a place! We are getting married on a 10 acre lot with a large pond, a barn, a cottage, a house, a covered brick patio (where our reception will be), and a gazebo (where our ceremony will be)! We are having a small and intimate wedding, with less than 100 people. I am so excited to see the space come together and most of all- I can’t wait to marry my best friend!
Are any of you in the process of wedding planning or have already planned a wedding? Leave your link below- I’d love to read more wedding blogs!
Watch Our Wedding Unfold: