Hello lovelies! I have some VERY exciting news… Troy and I have an official wedding date! We are getting married in OCTOBER 2019! Save the date because you are all invited to watch my wedding unfold via this blog!😉
There is LOTS to do before the big day. I hope you’ll keep reading and come along with me on the entire adventure!
Here are some of my wedding photography tips, important questions to ask, and a closer look into my own plans:
Prioritize What Is Most Important To YOU
A lot of people might try to tell you that you “have to have this” or “have to do that”… but no, you really don’t. Prioritize what is most important to you on your wedding day, and set your budget accordingly. I realized that once mine and Troy’s wedding day is over, all we will have left is photos. These photos will be hung in our home, shared with family and friends, and shown to our future children and grandchildren. For me, photography was the most important thing- no doubt about it.
Do Your Research
Look at different photographers websites, Facebook pages, and Instagram accounts. I cannot stress this enough but READ REVIEWS FROM PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS! It is so important to know the good and the bad about what you’re potentially going to invest in. Make sure you look at the photographer’s portfolio and really make sure they have the photography style that you’re looking for.
Just like I stated in my previous wedding blog, make sure you meet with your photographer to ask important questions before you book with them.
I had meeting via facetime with my photographer. I told her a little bit about myself, about my relationship, and about my vision for our engagement session & wedding day.
After we chatted personally for a bit, these are the more professional questions I asked her:
- How long have you been a photographer?
- How many weddings do you shoot a year?
- What do you love most about your job/shooting weddings?
- What kind of equipment do you use?
- Do you have backup equipment if that fails?
- What would happen in the case of an emergency?
- Do you have my date available?
- Will I be the only wedding that day?
- Have you ever shot at my venue?
- Who else will be shooting with you?
- How are responsibilities divided between you and your other photographer?
- Can I build my own package?
- What is included in the price?
- Are there other fees included in the cost?
- What is the post-wedding process?
- What is turnaround time for the photos?
- What are our options for prints and albums?
- What is your payment policy?
- What is your cancellation policy?
So What Am I Going To Do?
For our engagement photos (included in our wedding package), I think I would like to do something similar to an empty first home photo session. I want to keep it really casual but still sentimental. For our wedding, I envision CRISP natural light photography, but not too much light because I really still want the boldness of our deep autumn colors to pop.
I am thrilled to say that we have our photographer and she is a dream come true! Her work is amazing and I can’t wait to share the photos on the blog with you all!
Are any of you in the process of wedding planning or have already planned a wedding? Leave your link below- I’d love to read more wedding blogs!
Watch Our Wedding Unfold: